Glastonbury Opportunity Shop identifies local job opportunities for local people. We are located in Abbey Mews Shopping Arcade (opposite Boots) and are open Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. The shop has good disabled access.
Volunteers do a daily trawl of 49 websites for jobs within 10 miles of Glastonbury and list suitable vacancies on: www.glastonburyopportunities.org. Some local employers advertise with us.
Job details include description, pay rates, hours, and whether permanent or temporary, part or full time, and whether paid or voluntary, plus how to apply.
The service is therefore a unique resource for local residents and businesses and the service regularly gets high praise from users.
- Job information is accessible free-of-charge to people who register.
- We help with CVs, on-line applications, and coach on interview techniques.
- We provide two customer Internet access points for work-related activity.
- We provide basic IT support and help people with additional job search needs.
- We provide a free landline for job application and benefit enquiries.
Our customers often raise issues about accommodation, health and well-being, and benefits, amongst others. We have a wide range of knowledge and skills ‘in-house’ but we often signpost customers to other organisations for support.
Appointment advisable for CVs
Call 01458 830304 10am and 1pm, Mon – Fri